A New Congregation Matching Grant is intended to build partnerships between churches, classes, regional synods, and the denomination to further the kingdom of God by providing resources to ministries that bring the good news of God’s grace to a hurting world.
The Church Multiplication Team (CMT) currently has grants available for regional synods, classes, and parent congregations that have completed a New Congregation Plan (NCP).
- Application for these funds may be made when the CMT has approved an NCP for the ministry.
- The CMT meets frequently by conference call to discuss NCPs and act on grant requests. A 100-point scale is used to determine the eligibility and priority of grant requests.
- Grants are paid out in December and June. Before the second- or third-year grant is disbursed, a one-page written ministry update must be sent to the coordinator of church multiplication at firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure timely disbursement, these updates must be received by November 10 for a December grant and by May 10 for a June grant.
Maximum Grant: Up to $22,000 over three years
- Grants are awarded for ministry or rent expenses only. Capital expenses are not eligible.
- The grant cannot provide for more than one-third of the congregation’s budget in any year.
- All applications from churches, classes, and synods must be approved by the regional synod.
- Grant applications should be sent to the coordinator for church multiplication, Tim Vink, after they are signed by a classis officer and a regional synod executive. Electronic signatures are acceptable.